Did you know that you can look at old Instagram bios? It’s also quite easy! Here’s how to do it.
Instagram was started on October 6th, 2010, therefore people have been using it for up to ten years. That’s a long period, and most of us have undoubtedly changed much in that time.
Thinking about yourself and what you would’ve put on Instagram 10 years ago is a terrible concept, therefore most people have deleted all of their old content to save themselves the embarrassment.
But what if I told you there was a way to go back in time and see all of your old Instagram bios? Also, your old usernames. Yes, it is correct. There is a way to find all of those cringe-worthy bios, and it’s actually rather easy.
Here’s a step-by-step instruction to help you out!
- Go to your own profile page on Instagram (click on your profile photo in the bottom right-hand corner).
- In the top right-hand corner of the screen, press the three lines.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Security’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Access Data’ from the drop-down menu.
- You will now be directed to a webpage.
- After that, click ‘Accept’ and log into your Instagram account.
- Scroll down to ‘Profile Info’ and look for the ‘Former bio texts’ section.
- Select ‘View All’ from the drop-down menu.
People have been rushing to Twitter to react to the practice of looking at your old Instagram bios, which has gone ubiquitous on social media.
“I JUST FOUND A WAY TO SEE MY OLD INSTAGRAM BIOS AND IM… SO MORTIFIED,” one Twitter user remarked.
“HAHAHA there’s a feature on Instagram where you can read your old bios, and mine are so embarrassing,” someone else said.
Another user wrote on Twitter, “Looking over my old Instagram bios is making me cringe hard.”
OTHER OLD INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE
Instagram gives you access to a lot more than just your old bios; you can see a lot more information about your Instagram account, including:
- Usernames from the past
- Names that are centuries old
- In your bio, you have some old links.
- When did you first join Instagram?
- Passwords from the past
- Email addresses that are no longer old
- Phone numbers from the past
- Activity on the login page
- Story-telling activity
All of this is accessible from the same location.